Lak’ech Ala K’in “I am you, and you are me.” Maya Greeting
Remember when the new millennium was going to start and there was fear that the calendar in our computers was going to end and we were going to have our world, as we know, paralyzed? It is the same concept: the Maya calendar ends with the Fifth Era or Fifth Sun, and the new Era or New Sun starts.
The Maya believed that when a cycle ends a new one begins. 2012 is the end of this cycle; the ‘God that can fly’ will visit again, the same God that taught them about Astronomy, Maize, Math, Medicine and Architecture. The Maya Prophecy points to December 21, 2012 as the “end of the cycle of fear, and a new and better beginning,” others, are trying to promote the idea of an Armageddon which means “mountain of sorrows.” However the Maya never said that the world would end, they said that a new cycle (with their new calendar) would start. There will be a change but it will take time; it is not immediate.
- The Aztec calendar ends in 2027 and starts again.
The Maya, Aztec, the Native Oraibi or “peaceful people,” renamed by the Catholics as Hopi Indians, Hindus, Terence K McKenna, Edgar Cayce, Michel de Nostradamus, Sergio González de la Garza, and many more refer to a “change of life starting in 2012.”
We are no longer in the World of the Fourth Sun, but we are not yet in the Fifth Era or Fifth Sun. We are in between, in the transition, in the chaos of change and transformation. We are living in the time of vibration and movement. This is the time of earthquakes, changes and adjustments; a time of transformation.
“We are now on the era of “adjustments, extremes, movement and vibration.” Maya Elder – Notes M.O.Baum
Códice de Dresden, now in Dresden, Germany, contains an illustration of Xibalbá, the sacred underworld of the Maya with the representation of the flood, warnings of disasters, end of a cycle and planets aligned but, what is amazing, is that it has a Lunar and Venus Table that are accurate. The Lunar calendar includes eclipses. The Codex can be downloaded: Codex Dresdensis – Mscr.Dresd.R.310
Beliefs, Mythology and Predictions and Facts
According to the Maya prophecy, on December 21, 2012, the Sun will receive a ray synchronized from the center of the galaxy and a new cycle will begin on Earth.
“It will be the end of the world of materialism, fear and destruction in which we live, and the beginning of a new era of respect and harmony.” Maya Elder – Notes M.O.Baum
- Earth’s Magnetic Field Protects Us
- 11/08/2011 – NASA – Asteroid 2005 YU55 to Approach Earth on November 8, 2011
- 12/10/2011 – Total Moon Eclipse
- 01/31/2012 – Eros Asteroid will pass near Earth Science NASA
- 05/20/2012 – Annular Solar Eclipse
- 06/06/2012 – Solar Transit of Venus; second and last of the Century.
- 11/13/2012 –Total Solar Eclipse
- 11/28/2012 – Lunar Eclipse
- 12/03/2012 – Venus Opposes Jupiter NASA
- 12/21/2012 – Solstice – Summer in the South and Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere.
- 01/2008 Solar Cycle 24 Started – Solar Cycle 24 started on January 2008. It has an 11 year Cycle and will reach its peak around 2012. The period between Successive Solar Maxima averages 11 years (Schwabe Cycle), and, the previous Solar Maxima, the Solar Cycle 23, occurred in 2000–2002.
- Potentially Hazardous Asteroids
- Earthquakes,Tsunamis – Nuclear Testing:Unnatural Disasters? SEOUL (Reuters) North Korea digging tunnels has launched 2 nuclear tests, preparing 3rd.
During the Solar Maxima, the sun’s magnetic poles will reverse.- NASA scientists who monitor the Sun say that our star’s awesome magnetic field is flipping — a sure sign that solar maximum is here. NASA
What will happen on December 21, 2012?
Nothing! Yet some ‘experts’ say that if we were to survive we would need to be far from the coastline, on a 6000 ft. elevation. Not only because of the tide waves, but, because of them, the destruction of the coastline would bring terrible pollution. The farmlands would be affected, the crops would die with the salt water, and the land would be polluted. I don’t believe this. We still have our incredible Earth’s magnetic field to protect us; if we take care of it.
300 miles from the Norwegian Coastline there is a vault. The Doomsday Sea Vault, a bunker immune to destruction that contains the best seeds available in the world. The Svalbard Global Seed Vault has 2 billion seeds. The seed vault is the modern Noah’s Arc with frozen seeds ready to be brought back to life if there is life anywhere in the planet.
Earth’s Inconstant Magnetic Field Protects our World From Outer Space ARTH’S
Sometimes, the earth’s magnetic field completely flips; the north and the south poles swap places.
Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago. Are we overdue for another? No one knows. NASA
The Earth’s magnetic field is influenced by the interplanetary magnetic field and charged particles in space that are mainly produced by the Sun. During active solar conditions (solar storms) more charged particles are released into space, affecting the normal conditions of the Earth’s natural electromagnetic environment. This, in turn, affects normal operation of space and ground technologies, such as communication and navigation satellites, power grids and pipelines.
Is there a misinterpretation of the Maya Calendar or our calendar is not accurate?
I prefer the view of the Maya; a new cycle, a new beginning, a new hope that will come from the sky to teach us how to live in peace, love Mother Earth and respect all living creatures; or, the Hopi Indians, with their cobwebs so that we can walk and visit our ancestors without having to die. I am not sure I like the Hindu thought of age of darkness before the light; although there is hope, I don’t like the darkness part. I like the idea of the Maya, Egyptians, Incas and Aztecs that believed in something greater that will bring us knowledge, peace, compassion and humanity that we have lost.
“This is not the end, it is the beginning…” Maya Elder – Notes M. O. Baum
Every day new discoveries are bringing to light the knowledge of this great civilization and reshaping our history books.
Mythology, Knowledge and Prophecies
- The Maya Civilization is credited for creating the zero represented by a conch shell.
- They were very advanced in medicine, odontology and, in the study of herbs, still used to this day. They used dental incrustations of jade, they made trepanations, etc..
- The Maya studied the constellations, stars, celestial patterns, and time.
- The ruling priest could predict eclipses, announce droughts, rains and coming events.
- Time was very important to them.
- The Aztec and the Maya calendars share aspects with calendars of other civilizations; Zapotec, Olmec and Mixteca.
- Difference with their calendar and ours; 1/10th of a second.
- The Maya created a system of Almanacs and Calendars. Each Calendar interlocks and synchronizes like the inside of a watch, with combination cycles that create more cycles.
- Every cycle has a meaning.
- Every human has a corresponding date in the Maya Calendar that the Maya Priest used when a child was born.
These are three of the main calendars: Tzolk’in or Master Calendar, Haab or Solar and the Long Count Calendar. All these Calendars are synchronized to Tzolk’in. Tzol “order” and K’in “day.”
Calendars were used for agriculture, religious ceremonies and as a way to determine the place everyone had in life.
- Tzolk’in or Master Calendar is the oldest one. It is an energy tracking device that describes the energies of creation, projects cycles within cycles, in it, each day is unique, each person is unique, and each era is unique. This is the calendar that was used by the priests when a child was born. The calendar was used to decide the n’awal that the child would have. The spirit, the “job on earth that had to be accomplished”, their element and their positive and negative aspects. Depending on the date and time of the birth, it was decided the future aptitudes that the child would have to accomplish his/her place on Mother Earth. The priest also decided the work that was meant for that particular child, his/her character and, the most important things that the child had to overcome in their lifetime.
- Ha’ab’ or Solar Calendar.
- Long Calendar was divided in b’ak’túns, each bak’tún has 144,000 days. One cycle has 13 bak’túns, giving us 5,125 years per cycle.
Based in the “Long Count Calendar” and counting 13 bak’túns -great cycle- from the Maya Creation date of 22.214.171.124.0. or August 11, 3114 BC, the beginning of the new cycle or Job-Ajaw New Sun, would be on December 22, 2012. This is when the calendar would start again.
- The New Sun or new cycle would start in the winter solstice, a very important date for many civilizations (pagan origin of Christmas and Yule). The problem is that our calendar is not accurate.
- For the Maya, the year of 126.96.36.199.0 corresponds to one of our starting dates, but, which one? Many have pointed August 11, 3114 BC of our time as the corresponding date of the Maya Creation.
Maya Books – CÓDICES (CODEX)
Popol Vuh “Book of the Council”
The Popol Vuh, the sacred book of the Maya, contains the mythological version of the creation of the world intertwined with historical facts, creation stories, cosmology, and the adventures of Hunahpu’ and X’balanque, the hero twins.
CÓDICES del Chilam Balam de Chumayel, Kaua, Chan K’An, Tekax, Mani, y de IXil
“Codex of Chilam Balam”
These books were written and illustrated in Chumayel, a little town in the state of Yucatán, México. They contain information about astronomy, math, calendars, creation, astrology, herbal medicine and the relationship between mankind and all things; Cosmos and Mother Earth.
- The Codex has a series of K’atún Prophecies
- K’atún Cycle is a unit of time, it has 7,200 days
- One of the K’atún prophecies foretold the coming of bearded strangers from the East who would establish a new religion (Spanish Conquest). The prophecy also mentions the return of Kukulcán, the God Spirit of Wind, bringing us, once again, a new religion, this time “one without fear; a new beginning for the new cycle beginning on the year 2012.”
- One of the prophecies say that; “we were ruled by fear and that fear will end with the new cycle:“
“they taught fear….There was no sin; no sickness; no aching bones; no high fever, no’ smallpox’; no headache. At that time the course of humanity was orderly. The foreigners (Spain) made it otherwise when they arrived…They taught fear….” The Maya Books of Chilam Balam de Kaua
The Chilam Balam of Kaua was transcribed in the 18th and 19th centuries by the Spanish Priests. We can’t be sure if they translated exactly the Codex but with the new discovery in El Mirador, Guatemala, we can compare the translation. (See below El Mirador)
Interview with a Maya Elder – Notes M. O. Baum
- “To open the doors we need a key and this is what our rituals represent; the key to open the communication with our brothers from the sky. We need a ritual or invocation to open the dimensional portal and start our journey. Not everyone is capable to journey. Only a Chamán, Ah-men or someone that is well-prepared.” Maya Elder
- “So, if you are going to travel you need to open the door by making a ritual, I understand. But, if the visitor comes through a portal, does he/she need a key? Or the visitor is always welcome and can come as he/she pleases?” M.O.B.
- “No Seňo, only in Wayeb when the portals are open they can come.” Maya Elder
- “How do I know when is Wayeb?” M.O.B.
- You have to understand our Calendar.” He answered
- “I am interested to know about December 2012, many people talk about it. Many people are making money with it in other countries. I do not see that in here. Is there going to be a big change?” M.O.B.
- “The portals will open. We are having problems with our government. The sacred sites of our antepasados (forefathers) are not open for the Maya people. They are open for the foreigners tourists and we need to go in, like before and do our rituals. We are not allowed. We need to go at different hours. We used to do our cleansing rituals, our energy rituals, (nuestras curanderas) our healers; that is all gone. They closed the doors as if we didn’t belong. We need to be there, inside. Not at the time they want us to be there, but when we need to be there. You understand?” Maya Elder
- “Yes, there is going to be a big change and we all have to work so that is swift and for the better. We all have to make our vibration up (increase our vibration.) We all have to unite. I do tell you Seňo, not even in your dreams you will imagine what is coming. Some people are still sleeping.” Maya Elder
– With great disappointment we found out that in Ek’Balam, the healers and the healing hut is gone. The Mexican Government has built fences around the place. The locals can’t go in unless it is at a specific time, when they are allowed.
Please read how the Wixáritari Indians fight the Mexican Government and a Canadian Mining Company that is destroying their Sacred Desert Site in Toltec – “The Wise Men.”
Seven Maya Prophecies
“Written in stone Seven Maya Prophecies were found. Based on the observations of the wise abuelos, the Maya predicted that from the year 3113 BC, when their civilization started, and, until December 21,2012, Father Sun will receive a strong beam synchronized from the galactic center that will changed its polarity, producing a radiant giant flare. This energy that is received from the center of the galaxy will increase and accelerate the vibration in the universe to lead to greater perfection in man, a strong shift to the harmonious integration with the whole universe, understanding and becoming aware that everything that surround us, everything that is alive and taking conscience that we are part of the whole universe and that we exist in a new era of light. This process has accelerated since the solar eclipse which occurred on August 11, 1999, when changes began to take shape that were necessary to renew the human social and ideological processes, where more people will find peace, learn to control their emotions and there will be more respect, be more tolerant and humanity will find unity. The third and fourth prophecy speaks of the climate changes that our planet has been suffering due to the strong charge of energy Mother Earth receives through intense live activity of Father Sun, making men more aware of their behavior with nature and the world it inhabits. The fifth Maya prophecy says that all systems based on fear, on which our civilization is based, will be transformed simultaneously with the planet and man, to make way for a new reality based in harmony. So in summary we can say that’s not the end of the world, but an opportunity to change and break our limitations by thinking and raising our vital energy and vibration; is a time for all mankind to make a conscious decision to change, eliminate fear and lack of respect for all our relationships.” Espacio Misión
2012 Maya Round Table Session
INAH – Mexico’s Archaeology Institute, which downplays theories that the ancient Maya predicted some sort of apocalypse would occur in 2012, has admitted that there is a second reference to the date. One is in El Tortuguero, Macuspana, and the second one in Comalcalco, both in the State of Tabasco. 60 specialists in Maya culture will meet from November 27 to December 2 at the Seventh Palenque Round Table in the Mexican state of Chiapas, where a special session “to elucidate on the 2012 Maya prophecy. “
* All my notes withe the interviews with the Maya Elders will be published in a book format.